Thursday, May 26, 2011

Anime and Thespianism

I think I'm doing pretty good on writing a new post nearly everyday! So I went on Youtube and was looking at my subscriptions and I see that most of my stuff if either for anime/cosplay or Harry Potter or something in that immediate area. So I'm know that the anime community has become a big thing with a lot of people and I'm wondering what everyones thoughts are on this topic and what some of your favorite Anime or Manga are...Personally I ADORE OHSHC (Ouran High School Host Club for anyone who doesn't know), Yu Yu Hackusho, and Black Butler. I also want to know what got you started on the journey to Otakuness (Or something rather close to it) For me it was either the English dub of Tokyo Mew Mew (Mew Mew Power for the English dub) on 4Kids or it was Kiki's Delivery Service from Hayoa Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli.
On that note (and this has nothing to do with what I was just talking about) the school year is nearly up and I have really begun to notice the absence of my Thespian buddies in my weekends (And no Thespian isn't lesbians or anything...sorry had to get that out). Since we finished up our last play for the year (The Mystery of Edwin Droood) so early in the year the absence of it in my Saturdays has been really noticeable when I don't have an ACTUAL reason to hang out with my crew guys. I want to know who else is a big Theater person. What plays have you done? What plays have you seen on Broadway or something close to it? What is your favorite play? Does your Theater club allow you to have lightsabor fights right before a performance? And lastly: What is your favorite part of being in Theater and has it done something positive in your life? Because it really has for me, I used to be very self-conscience about myself and I could never do stand up presentations for classes (I think I almost passed out once) But once I started the Theater Arts class at my school and joined the Drama club, I was totally fine and I could do commercials in my science class with the best of them (Seeing as that was the first project I got to do with my new confidence). Anyway please share your thoughts cause I REALLY want to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment